Name:
Location: MICHIGAN, United States

Thank you for stopping by. It's my hope you find glimpses of my Savior interwoven thru my writings. I am the wife to one husband for over 25 years, a blessed mama to a dozen children, yes each born from me ~ two of which see Jesus face to face & ten at home, all of us yearning to see Jesus someday. We have been home educating for over 18 years with . . . well, another 15 years to go (the youngest is 3, the oldest 23!) I have walked through rejection, to continually learning I am CALLED, LOVED and forever KEPT by God - never, ever to be rejected by Jesus! (Jude 1:1) I've walked through deep sorrow to find that joy does come again, though the night may be long; I've witnessed God orchestrating miracles with my children still beyond my comprehension, & I am seeing new love forming as we begin a new road of older children finding life mates. My life has and is a journey, from the deepest, almost rock bottom pit, to stumbling through my faith and looking towards the ultimate climax of everlasting life in heaven. Will you be joining me here and there? ~ Loni

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

PRESS ON

I was doing a search tonight for the words to the song Selah sings, "PRESS ON". Whenever my husband and I hear this songs, it brings tears, and it did again today, as we were listening to it. One of the first times we took this song to heart, was after some good friends who are missionaries to Thailand, sang it at our church as they were raising support to go. It's so hard sometimes to press on, when the burden seems so heavy, and the heart so pained.

But as I was searching for the words to this song, I came across a site from Woodland Hills Church of St. Paul, Minnesota. They have a writing on their webpage by Dean Robinson, that was so appropriate, and even MORE than I was searching for. I want to share it with you:

PRESS ON

I love the song that goes, "In Jesus name, we press on." [see below] Tears come so easily with this song. In our journey, it is so easy for us to stop short. Our days can be filled with sorrow. Our hearts can get heavy and dreary. We long for a place to release our burdens. And even though we have heard the words, "Come unto me, all who are weary, and I will give you rest," we end up stopping short. We don't finish the race, and as a result we sit in our own misery. Our emotions speak louder than our spirit, causing us to focus on our failures rather than the victory we have in Christ.

Yes, there is a lot of darkness right now. John the Baptist said in his dark times, "Prepare ye the way of the Lord." However, we cannot prepare the way of the Lord when we are stuck in our own
life's problems. Weariness is good – it reminds us that we need God. Darkness is good – his light shines brighter. Failures are good – they remind us we need a Savior. Burdens are good – they lead the way to Calvary, where they are lifted.

Though our days
Are filled with sorrow
And darkness leads
Us to tomorrow.

Though our burdens
Weigh us down
And in our hearts
Only sadness found.

There is a place
Of full release
Where all we find
Are joy and peace.

One step beyond
Our lowly shame.
One tear beyond
Our cries of pain.

We find in Him
A resting place.
A Refuge and Tower
Of His grace.

To find the joy
Of what Thou art.
To feel the love
That's in Your heart.
To sit and rest
And gaze on Thee
To fill my soul
With the beauty I see.

piece by Dean Robinson
email him about this piece at drobinson@Sebesta.com

PRESS ON - by Selah
words found on CCM Lyrics

When the valley is deep
When the mountain is steep
When the body is weary
When we stumble and fall

When the choices are hard
When we're battered and scarred
When we've spent our resources
When we've given our all

In Jesus' name, we press on
In Jesus' name, we press on
Dear Lord, with the prize
Clear before our eyes
We find the strength to press on

In Jesus' name, we press on
In Jesus' name, we press on
Dear Lord, with the prize
Clear before our eyes
We find the strength to press on
To press on

(c) 1983 Belwin-Mills Publishing, Inc. (ASCAP)
All rights admin. by Warner Bros. Publications, Inc. (ASCAP)


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. 4runner roof racks site www sydneyairport com au hawaiian airlines Outdoar area rug provigil and weight gain Multilingual wedding invitations Burbank orchids

2/07/2007 1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home