Name:
Location: MICHIGAN, United States

Thank you for stopping by. It's my hope you find glimpses of my Savior interwoven thru my writings. I am the wife to one husband for over 25 years, a blessed mama to a dozen children, yes each born from me ~ two of which see Jesus face to face & ten at home, all of us yearning to see Jesus someday. We have been home educating for over 18 years with . . . well, another 15 years to go (the youngest is 3, the oldest 23!) I have walked through rejection, to continually learning I am CALLED, LOVED and forever KEPT by God - never, ever to be rejected by Jesus! (Jude 1:1) I've walked through deep sorrow to find that joy does come again, though the night may be long; I've witnessed God orchestrating miracles with my children still beyond my comprehension, & I am seeing new love forming as we begin a new road of older children finding life mates. My life has and is a journey, from the deepest, almost rock bottom pit, to stumbling through my faith and looking towards the ultimate climax of everlasting life in heaven. Will you be joining me here and there? ~ Loni

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Saturday Photo Scavenger Hunt: CELEBRATION

Join the blogroll Photo Theme: CELEBRATION

I thought quite a bit about what picture to put up for today's photo hunt- celebration. Being it's Mother's Day weekend, I knew it had to do with celebrating this. Last week, for the "open" picture, I share a picture of our daughter after her open heart surgery. Now, she's not a favored child, but it just happens to be that she was born at home - a planned home birth. It was the best birth, and just so neat. I knew about 11 pm at night that we were going to have the baby soon. Some of the older children knew something was going on, and we'd probably have the baby, but they went to bed and slept through it all! My midwife and a friend and husband spent the night up with me, and we had her around 5 am in the morning. It was a very calm birth, both the midwife & my friend praying with/for me and singing. Shortly after she was born, Norm held her and prayed over her, giving her back to the Lord. Little did we know what weeks and year ahead would hold. Around 8 am the children started getting up, one by one, and it was like Christmas morning - but even better. To go to bed and wake up the next morning to a new baby sister!! It was such a sweet, sweet spirit that morning, and quite the CELEBRATION. I treasure it very dearly in my heart, as I do each of my children's birth and the CELEBRATION of life, that makes me a mom!
You cannot see her very well, but I am holding Jessica. The other 6 children are on our bed, at home, in CELEBRATION of this new little one. Also, since several asked last week, Jessica was born with a list of heart abnormalities, and had 2 open heart surgeries after she was 13 months old in a 12 week period of time. She is now 9 years old, and doing wonderfully. Yes, she will have to have more open heart surgeries, but she has gone many years beyond what her doctors expected. Her last visit the cardiologist said to keep doing what we are doing - PRAYING!

If you have done the Saturday Scavenger Hunt,
please leave a note below!