Name:
Location: MICHIGAN, United States

Thank you for stopping by. It's my hope you find glimpses of my Savior interwoven thru my writings. I am the wife to one husband for over 25 years, a blessed mama to a dozen children, yes each born from me ~ two of which see Jesus face to face & ten at home, all of us yearning to see Jesus someday. We have been home educating for over 18 years with . . . well, another 15 years to go (the youngest is 3, the oldest 23!) I have walked through rejection, to continually learning I am CALLED, LOVED and forever KEPT by God - never, ever to be rejected by Jesus! (Jude 1:1) I've walked through deep sorrow to find that joy does come again, though the night may be long; I've witnessed God orchestrating miracles with my children still beyond my comprehension, & I am seeing new love forming as we begin a new road of older children finding life mates. My life has and is a journey, from the deepest, almost rock bottom pit, to stumbling through my faith and looking towards the ultimate climax of everlasting life in heaven. Will you be joining me here and there? ~ Loni

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Another First Hits our Hearts

We went to the vet today, for the first time since Matthew died. We have gone to this vet hundreds of times over the past 10 years, many times with Matthew, and the last year he had a lot of his practice driving time to the vet with Norm, and then last fall he did a lot of the visits by himself or with a brother, to help me out. He took his dog's pups in short before he died (Chocolate lab).

We have been doing our home business, Puppy Halfway House for over 10 years, and going to the same vet throughout this time. We have adopted out probably close to a thousand puppies. Norm & I went to the vet tonight - just ourselves. I guess without talking about it before, we were both bracing ourselves for this first. We had a long wait in the lobby, and Norm got a little choked up, think of Matthew when we first starting going - probably around 6 years old - that sweet, innocent age. He loved puppies and dogs. He grew up with them always around. We were the last customers for the vet, and he and his wife talked to us for quite sometime. They knew about Matthew dying, though did not know how, and we told them. They were well aware of this, and were so saddened of what our family has gone through. They really liked Matthew, and appreciated his kindness to them throughout the years. They watched him grow up. We are thankful for their care and even the hugs and understanding. Others feel the pain with us.

When we left, Norm & both had tears on the ride home, remembering. Just that stabbing ache again. Thankful for the times we went with him alone when he was taking driver's ed. Thankful for the memories. But, ohhhh that sting of death.

Stephen (5 - who will be 18 on Friday) & Matthew (4).

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff H said...

Loni, I just want to say: thanks for sharing. You continue to call me to open my eyes and my heart.

Always remember: when we share joy, it is multiplied. When we share sadness, it is divided.

Blessings to you and Norm and all the kids.

4/06/2005 9:15 PM  
Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

They were adorable, your site reminds me of what I take for granted.

God bless your family.

4/07/2005 6:26 PM  
Blogger Teena said...

Yes, I know YOUR HEART must hurt so. I love the picture. Life is so short and we do take so much for granted. Thank you for sharing with us~ it is so very precious all the memories you have with him and all of you~ the family businesses and everything. Doing so much as a family~ truly is a testimony of family!

thinking of you this day and so very often~ continueing to pray!
blessings,
Teena
mom to 1/2 dozen

4/09/2005 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home