Name:
Location: MICHIGAN, United States

Thank you for stopping by. It's my hope you find glimpses of my Savior interwoven thru my writings. I am the wife to one husband for over 25 years, a blessed mama to a dozen children, yes each born from me ~ two of which see Jesus face to face & ten at home, all of us yearning to see Jesus someday. We have been home educating for over 18 years with . . . well, another 15 years to go (the youngest is 3, the oldest 23!) I have walked through rejection, to continually learning I am CALLED, LOVED and forever KEPT by God - never, ever to be rejected by Jesus! (Jude 1:1) I've walked through deep sorrow to find that joy does come again, though the night may be long; I've witnessed God orchestrating miracles with my children still beyond my comprehension, & I am seeing new love forming as we begin a new road of older children finding life mates. My life has and is a journey, from the deepest, almost rock bottom pit, to stumbling through my faith and looking towards the ultimate climax of everlasting life in heaven. Will you be joining me here and there? ~ Loni

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I've Been "BOOK" Tagged

Jeanie from Sharing Life (and lives in Germany) "tagged" me, which means, I have to answer these questions and then ask five others to answer the same ones! So, here it goes!

Q. The most books you’ve ever owned?
We probably own 500+ books. With homeschooling, we have lots - from many shelves in our family room, living room and numerous bedrooms. Can you ever have enough books?

Q. The last book I bought...
Woman's High Calling - I bought this book for our ladies Bible study at church. This has been very convicting to me, regarding my attitude towards my husband. I've read lots of other books, but I borrow mostly from the library.

Q. The five books that meant the most to me...
1. The Bible
2. Hope Again by Chuck Swindoll This book helped me tremendously when our daughter Jessica was diagnosed with serious heart complications. I have recently glanced through it and read things I marked and plan on reading it again soon.
3. Mommy Please Don't Cry - This book was given to me as a gift after our baby was stillborn. It is just such a comforting yet very simple book, that even my children have enjoyed reading with me, and dreaming of what heaven is like, and all the things that are better in heaven and now, our two children will not have to face on earth. I have given it many times as a gift now.
4. When I Lay My Isaac Down by Carol Ken This book was given to me after our son Matthew died. Though our stories are so different, it really gave me a perspective of letting go. We had dedicated Matthew to the Lord at a young age, and now we have "really" had to let go and know he is indeed safe with Jesus.
5. Stepping Heavenward - One Woman's Journey to Godliness by Mrs. E. Prentiss - A great diary type book, written in the 1830's follow the journey of a young woman "from sweet 16 to her grown up years. As she learns that true happiness is found in giving onself to others, you, too, will be immesurably encouraged to step heavenward - to live with greater godliness, humility, tranquillity, and hope." (from back cover of book).

And now, I am tagging:

SUE
SAL
JEFF
Laurel (read response here)
CARRIE

Of course - no tag-backs, huh? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home