Name:
Location: MICHIGAN, United States

Thank you for stopping by. It's my hope you find glimpses of my Savior interwoven thru my writings. I am the wife to one husband for over 25 years, a blessed mama to a dozen children, yes each born from me ~ two of which see Jesus face to face & ten at home, all of us yearning to see Jesus someday. We have been home educating for over 18 years with . . . well, another 15 years to go (the youngest is 3, the oldest 23!) I have walked through rejection, to continually learning I am CALLED, LOVED and forever KEPT by God - never, ever to be rejected by Jesus! (Jude 1:1) I've walked through deep sorrow to find that joy does come again, though the night may be long; I've witnessed God orchestrating miracles with my children still beyond my comprehension, & I am seeing new love forming as we begin a new road of older children finding life mates. My life has and is a journey, from the deepest, almost rock bottom pit, to stumbling through my faith and looking towards the ultimate climax of everlasting life in heaven. Will you be joining me here and there? ~ Loni

Monday, July 04, 2005

Making New Memories - Remembering the Old

Today was one of those bittersweet days. It was a day we anticipated it would be hard - and it was. It was a day of making new family memories, getting through another first, and going on. I can't say it wasn't without tears - but there was laughter too.

Fourth of July is always a family day, and getting together with extended family. Norm's mom comes from a family of 12 children, and many of these 12 have large families...and then like us those are having large families. Needless to say, it's a large gathering, at one of Norm's aunt's at a lake. The kids love going. We rarely don't go, so we have many years of remembering going, and having a lot of fun. The older children are now tubing and riding in a boat while the younger ones love playing on the beach in the sand, or jumping on the trampoline. It's what they all did today . . . except, without Matthew.

Here is a treasured picture from last year . . . Benjamin & Matthew tubing . . . both full of excitment . . .



As I saw the kids taking turns tubing today, I just wished I could see them having fun with Matthew again. I wish I would have treasured it more last year - yet thankful for taking the pictures we did. I am thankful the kids had joy today - have the freedom of playing as they do.

So, here's to the new memories made today - the healing we see with the children - their love for life.



And so, we got through another first. There were more tears today. I know Norm was not looking forward to it, and even said several time he just wished rain would cancel it out. It did rain, but not much. But, Norm seemed to be strong today, and I had more tears. It just did not seem like my family was complete, and it ached so. Family was wonderful, and several of Norm's aunts were very tender, knowing it would be a hard day. One of Norm's cousins who also lost a brother not too long ago was very kind to Norm in sharing with him, and both agreed the foolish mistakes that are made - that resulted in death.

My heart is a little sore tonight, and know it will again heal some more, and we will continue on this road of growing and stumbling, and thankful we are not alone. And again, so much to be thankful for - our freedoms that we do have, and the great freedom Matthew has in heaven, because of Jesus love and dying for all of us. That freedom awaits us all in heaven, if we only accept. Have you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home