Name:
Location: MICHIGAN, United States

Thank you for stopping by. It's my hope you find glimpses of my Savior interwoven thru my writings. I am the wife to one husband for over 25 years, a blessed mama to a dozen children, yes each born from me ~ two of which see Jesus face to face & ten at home, all of us yearning to see Jesus someday. We have been home educating for over 18 years with . . . well, another 15 years to go (the youngest is 3, the oldest 23!) I have walked through rejection, to continually learning I am CALLED, LOVED and forever KEPT by God - never, ever to be rejected by Jesus! (Jude 1:1) I've walked through deep sorrow to find that joy does come again, though the night may be long; I've witnessed God orchestrating miracles with my children still beyond my comprehension, & I am seeing new love forming as we begin a new road of older children finding life mates. My life has and is a journey, from the deepest, almost rock bottom pit, to stumbling through my faith and looking towards the ultimate climax of everlasting life in heaven. Will you be joining me here and there? ~ Loni

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Doctor's Appt. & Updates

I was able to see our family doctor this afternoon, and it went very well. Our doctor is a very caring man, and is not the type with his hand on the door as soon as he walks in. He said he is treating me like he would with high blood pressure or lupus, as the symptoms are the same. My BP was high in the office - the highest it's ever been for him, so he was concerned. He is starting me out on a Lasix - a water pill, to see if this reduces the swelling and pressure on my heart. Even when I laugh hard, I go into a coughing spell, which shows fluid build-up. In 3 weeks, I go back, and if this has helped, then continue with this longer. If not, he'd want to start me on a Lasix/Blood Pressure medication combination. I really hope & pray I can avoid the BP medication, as I know then it's hard to get off. The other thing too that I know, and he said is I need to loose weight. The other thing too that I know, and he said is I need to lose weight - I hate to verbalize it here, but maybe some prayers for this will keep me going on doing this (accountability thing??). We had been looking for awhile for a treadmill and were able to get one at a very low cost that is practically new from our neighbors, along with a stair stepper, and weight machine (for the boys). I've been discouraged how outwinded I get just after a few minutes, and the doc was so encouraging with trying just for 3-4 minutes a day or even every other day, and building up. So, new goals. Just wish that chocolate would melt away pounds rather than putting them on.

Thanks for the recent e-mails and several have asked how we are doing. It again is one day at a time. I would say "better" but there is still so many firsts. Stephen started a new job at an automotive repair place and likes it. He gets 45 minutes for lunch so we met him on Monday for lunch. It was a good time with him and neat seeing his maturity. When Matthew started working we would meet him one or two times a week or take him a shake or special coffee drink. These were special times with him last summer - which we are thankful for. It brought back the memories of that when we met with Stephen, and later as we were grocery shopping Norm especially got teary-eyed remembering. The ache - yet the thankfulness for the memories and new memories we are making.

We have another BIG hurdle to get through - the 4th of July. Every year we have a family reunion at one of Norm's aunts on a lake. The older kids usually go waterskiing or tubing. This was a big highlight of every year for Matthew. He was the one who just loved this. Last year with having his driver's license, he was pushing to go much earlier, taking his brothers. We have sweet memories of this, and pictures that we treasure from last year and many previous years. It will be hard this year. The kids do want to go, but it's the ache in these parent's heart. We've had a lot of encouragement from family to go, and they know how hard it will be, which helps.

Norm's job - puppy business and small engine repair has been slow. I think with the small engine repair (lawnmowers mostly) it's slow because of the hot, hot weather, and there's not as much lawn cutting - therefore less breakdowns. The automotive industry seems to be suffering still in Michigan with more major changes. This has been discouraging for him. But one day at a time. We are not behind in bills & are thankful for the time of healing together.

We know it's not only a grieving time, but a growing time for us as well. This refining as gold is hard. I was listening to Dr. David Jeremiah on "Turning Point" on a Christian Radio station yesterday, and one statement he made (in reference to difficult times, including deaths) was "This is not the best life - but there's a better one coming." I looked up Turning Point's webpage tonight, and found their devotional for today "just right" for today...

Not Sad! - June 29

If you loved Me, you would rejoice because . . .
"I am going to the Father."
John 14:28

. . . Death can't hold us in its grip when we know heaven awaits us. Jesus was speaking not only for himself but for His followers when He said that if we loved Him, we would be glad that He was going to His Father. We naturally want to hold our loved ones close to us for as long as possible, but the Bible says that going to be with Jesus is "far better" (Philippians 1:23). Even at death's door, we sorrow not as those who have no hope.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home