Name:
Location: MICHIGAN, United States

Thank you for stopping by. It's my hope you find glimpses of my Savior interwoven thru my writings. I am the wife to one husband for over 25 years, a blessed mama to a dozen children, yes each born from me ~ two of which see Jesus face to face & ten at home, all of us yearning to see Jesus someday. We have been home educating for over 18 years with . . . well, another 15 years to go (the youngest is 3, the oldest 23!) I have walked through rejection, to continually learning I am CALLED, LOVED and forever KEPT by God - never, ever to be rejected by Jesus! (Jude 1:1) I've walked through deep sorrow to find that joy does come again, though the night may be long; I've witnessed God orchestrating miracles with my children still beyond my comprehension, & I am seeing new love forming as we begin a new road of older children finding life mates. My life has and is a journey, from the deepest, almost rock bottom pit, to stumbling through my faith and looking towards the ultimate climax of everlasting life in heaven. Will you be joining me here and there? ~ Loni

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Father's Day 2005

I wanted to write a separate post for Father's day as I put my thoughts together tonight. I am thankful for what a wonderful daddy Norm has been to our children. He has such a heart for them, to be "there" for them, to teach and train them according to God's guidance. He has sacrificed a lot especially in the last two years to work hard being at home and here for us. As I look back, I know without a doubt how God has allowed so much to fall into place and memories made, with all the time Norm has been here. Some of the pictures I treasure the most is Norm holding a sleeping baby or holding a child on his lap.
Norm has also been a good example to me, of our Heavenly Father's unconditional love and compassion for His children. It took me many years to realize Norm did love me for me, he was not just going to walk out of my life or make it miserable, but we would work through things. How blessed I've been.
If you have a chance, look at this wonderful tribute a pastor's wife made of her husband. It's quite touching.
I have "four dads". I was adopted, so I have my adoptive dad. He has a beautiful singing voice, and loved to hear him sing at church for special music. One of my precious memories of him, was when he went away for a convention over Valentine's Day to go to Israel, and sent me a card. There was a cartoon woman on the front saying "I am a person of very few words" and then you open it up and it said "I love you" all over both sides of the page. Now that might sound very strange that meaning so much, but there's been an estrangement for over 20 years with my dad. We talk occassionally, but it's strained. I pray for full reconciliation, and Norm and I have been so available to make this happen. If you think of this, pray for my dad's heart to be melted and touched. He's missing out on so much with his grandchildren. He had met Matthew, which I am very thankful for. If for some reason my dad sees this - you know I love you daddy and pray for you.
I also have my biological dad, though I don't even know if he is still alive. Norm and I met my birth parents when our oldest was just a baby, so it's probably been close to 18 years. Things did not "click" with differences in backgrounds, but am so thankful that I was able to thank my birth parents for life. It was neat for me to meet them, and I look more like my dad than mom. My dad is mostly Greek, so it was neat to find out some of my heritage.
I have been blessed with a wonderful father-in-law, I can call "dad" and is a part of our lives and our children's lives. He has concern for us and our children, and Norm's parents have been available to us through many ups and downs. They have been there shortly after each of our children's births, held, cried and prayed over our stillborn daughter, golfed with our boys, and dad even picks out personal little gifts at times for the children and/or newborn baby (so mom does not get all the fun). Norm & his dad look so much a like and both have gentle spirits.
And last, but certainly not least, my Heavenly Father, who saved me, who gives me hope to continue, who gives me promises and eternal life to look forward to and gives me assurance that He will never leave me nor forsake me. Life might not be perfect, friends and even dads may fail us, but God never will. What hope we have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home