Name:
Location: MICHIGAN, United States

Thank you for stopping by. It's my hope you find glimpses of my Savior interwoven thru my writings. I am the wife to one husband for over 25 years, a blessed mama to a dozen children, yes each born from me ~ two of which see Jesus face to face & ten at home, all of us yearning to see Jesus someday. We have been home educating for over 18 years with . . . well, another 15 years to go (the youngest is 3, the oldest 23!) I have walked through rejection, to continually learning I am CALLED, LOVED and forever KEPT by God - never, ever to be rejected by Jesus! (Jude 1:1) I've walked through deep sorrow to find that joy does come again, though the night may be long; I've witnessed God orchestrating miracles with my children still beyond my comprehension, & I am seeing new love forming as we begin a new road of older children finding life mates. My life has and is a journey, from the deepest, almost rock bottom pit, to stumbling through my faith and looking towards the ultimate climax of everlasting life in heaven. Will you be joining me here and there? ~ Loni

Friday, June 24, 2005

FRIDAY'S FEAST QUESTION 53

Appetizer
What time do you usually wake up each day? If you could choose your wake-up time, when would it be?
Between 9 and 10 am. My husband has worked 2nd shift for many years, and with homeschooling, we have stayed on that schedule. I wish I could be more of an early bird, and wake up around 8 am, but I am such a night owl - we are rarely in bed before 2 am!

Soup
When was the last time you bought groceries? What store did you go to? Name 3 things you purchased. Today! We mainly shop at Meijers. I had to purchase some fruit for a bridal shower for tomorrow - so 3 things I purchased were mangoes, watermellon, and strawberries.

Salad
How many books have you read so far this year? Which was your favorite and why? I have probably read at least 10 books. My favorite was When I Lay My Isaac Down by Carol Ken This book was given to me after our son Matthew died. Though our stories are so different, it really gave me a perspective of letting go. We had dedicated Matthew to the Lord at a young age, and now we have "really" had to let go and know he is indeed safe with Jesus.

Main Course
What is something you consider to be very elegant? In particular, what about that item/place/person conjures up the feeling of elegance? I really don't think of "elegant" things much, as we have a large family, and try to do things more "simple". But my most elegant thing I can think of in the past, is a bitter sweet memory, when we had our own Thanksgiving, instead of going to family or friends. We got out the good china dishes and real silverware, the nice glass goblets and fancy serving dishes, along with a nice tablecloth. I don't think I had ever used the good dishes with the children. We told the kids they all had to dress nice. They kept asking "why" and "who is coming over". It was just our family. We took a picture of all the children at the table. Little did we realize, what a precious memory we made, and the last picture of our children together. It was elegant for us.

Dessert
Who taught you how to drive? I took driver's ed in high school (but only drove in the school parking lot) but then never got my license until I was finished with my first year in college, around age 21. I lived with a family for the summer between the two years I was in college, and the dad of the family did ride with me some. But being I was over 18 I did not need to by law get a lot of time in (scary), and so I took the test - failed the first time because I did not yield enough at a yield sign, and then tried a week or so later, and passed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home