Name:
Location: MICHIGAN, United States

Thank you for stopping by. It's my hope you find glimpses of my Savior interwoven thru my writings. I am the wife to one husband for over 25 years, a blessed mama to a dozen children, yes each born from me ~ two of which see Jesus face to face & ten at home, all of us yearning to see Jesus someday. We have been home educating for over 18 years with . . . well, another 15 years to go (the youngest is 3, the oldest 23!) I have walked through rejection, to continually learning I am CALLED, LOVED and forever KEPT by God - never, ever to be rejected by Jesus! (Jude 1:1) I've walked through deep sorrow to find that joy does come again, though the night may be long; I've witnessed God orchestrating miracles with my children still beyond my comprehension, & I am seeing new love forming as we begin a new road of older children finding life mates. My life has and is a journey, from the deepest, almost rock bottom pit, to stumbling through my faith and looking towards the ultimate climax of everlasting life in heaven. Will you be joining me here and there? ~ Loni

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Pray for my husband . . .

I just ask for needed prayers for my husband. As we were told by several, sometimes with men the grief hits more, later, and he has gone through several waves of this. The last couple of days, his grief has been very deep. He is a very hurting man, missing his son very much. Not many will understand a man pained like this. Not many men show their emotions or know how to reach out to another hurting man. Today was the first day of Junior Hunt Day, that kids under 18 have "their days" just for under this age, but an adult has to be with them. Norm missed it last year with Matthew, and was going to try to get out another time with him. It's one of those things - you get so busy, you plan on doing it, you put if off, and it never happens. Norm hurts greatly from that missed opportunity with him. And now he has the opportunity with another son, but he is hurting so much too. Several times in the past few days, his eyes have just welled up with tears, and I can see the pain. He's been through a lot, even in the past couple of months with misunderstandings that have hurt relationships, and not seeing the grief and pain this man carries. He just needs some compassion and understanding, for some to walk beside him and just share with him - not judge or tell him how he should or should not grieve. Like many of us in our family have felt through these last months, sometimes we need a "FRAGILE" sticker on.

I am not leaving the opportunity for comments. I just ask that you pray for him, and continued healing for our family in many ways.