Name:
Location: MICHIGAN, United States

Thank you for stopping by. It's my hope you find glimpses of my Savior interwoven thru my writings. I am the wife to one husband for over 25 years, a blessed mama to a dozen children, yes each born from me ~ two of which see Jesus face to face & ten at home, all of us yearning to see Jesus someday. We have been home educating for over 18 years with . . . well, another 15 years to go (the youngest is 3, the oldest 23!) I have walked through rejection, to continually learning I am CALLED, LOVED and forever KEPT by God - never, ever to be rejected by Jesus! (Jude 1:1) I've walked through deep sorrow to find that joy does come again, though the night may be long; I've witnessed God orchestrating miracles with my children still beyond my comprehension, & I am seeing new love forming as we begin a new road of older children finding life mates. My life has and is a journey, from the deepest, almost rock bottom pit, to stumbling through my faith and looking towards the ultimate climax of everlasting life in heaven. Will you be joining me here and there? ~ Loni

Friday, December 23, 2005

A Neat Day . . .

Our children knew this year it would be moreso, focusing on the birth of Jesus. Our church is having a Christmas Eve service and Christmas morning service, and we think it's really neat to be able to spend time remembering the reason we celebrate. Some churches are canceling services. Through the years, my husband & I have had a lot of discussions, especially for our children's sake of how to celebrate Christmas. and to what degree. I like what Brad wrote on his blog, The Broken Messenger, in a post, "Is Christmas a Pagan Holiday"? We had told the children, that this year would be family gifts - games - and we have given them a couple already, to help encourage family togetherness. It's been neat to see the children playing Monopoly again, which was Matthew's favorite game, and I really did not think I'd see them playing it again. But the last week, it's been out several times.

Today we were blessed with some real neat gifts by some ladies that don't even really know us, but wanted to bless our family. One of the ladies, Lynda, who lives in our area, I met after Matthew died. She had met Matthew at the store he worked at, and she too also lost a child, and knows the pain we are going through. We have talked and e-mailed throughout this past year. A few days ago she called and told me about a close friend of hers who lost her sister in the spring very unexpectedly and in her memory her friend wanted to bless another family with gifts and Lynda told her about us. Well, today, they arrived, with too much to even mention. Food, treats, and blessings of gifts that were just precious not because of "things" but because of the tremendous outpouring from the heart, to help heal a heart. It was neat too that though they did not really know our family, and though I gave them some "needed item" ideas (socks, t-shirts, etc), and not only did they give these items, they gave things the kids loved - as though the did know them! The 2 older boys got nice winter coats. One of our older girls got boots that is exactly her taste (she loves the "country" look) and we all said it - that it was as though she picked it out herself. It was just so unique. The gal whose sister die, was just so pleasant, and was certainly just as excited about the giving part, as the children were in receiving. She said how it helped her so much in getting through this first Christmas without her sister, and did not think she'd have this kind of joy this year. It touched our lives greatly. I wonder what is in the little minds of my young ones who don't quite comprehend this "stranger" coming into our home, and lavishing gifts upon them - and then leaving. Maybe it will help them understand God's love - God who sent His Son to be born to die - that we cannot understand or see - but such great love and compassion He had & has for us. What a neat example these gals were for us and our children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home