Name:
Location: MICHIGAN, United States

Thank you for stopping by. It's my hope you find glimpses of my Savior interwoven thru my writings. I am the wife to one husband for over 25 years, a blessed mama to a dozen children, yes each born from me ~ two of which see Jesus face to face & ten at home, all of us yearning to see Jesus someday. We have been home educating for over 18 years with . . . well, another 15 years to go (the youngest is 3, the oldest 23!) I have walked through rejection, to continually learning I am CALLED, LOVED and forever KEPT by God - never, ever to be rejected by Jesus! (Jude 1:1) I've walked through deep sorrow to find that joy does come again, though the night may be long; I've witnessed God orchestrating miracles with my children still beyond my comprehension, & I am seeing new love forming as we begin a new road of older children finding life mates. My life has and is a journey, from the deepest, almost rock bottom pit, to stumbling through my faith and looking towards the ultimate climax of everlasting life in heaven. Will you be joining me here and there? ~ Loni

Sunday, January 22, 2006

In Memory & Sanctity of LIFE Sunday


In Loving Memory

Angela Hope
born still
January 22, 1998

To think,
the first face
she saw
and beheld
was Jesus.

We can only imagine!

Today is also Sanctity of Life Sunday. 33 years ago today Roe vs. Wade made abortion, legal. Murder, legal? Possibly had it been "40 some years" ago that it had been made legal, I would not be here. My birth mom thankfully, chose life for me. I was adopted when I was 6 months old.

The most dangerous place in the world is the womb. Pre-born babies are being killed in their mother's wombs at a greater rate than any other section of society. The mortality rate of pre-born babies varies from 1 in 4 to 1 in 3. That is, less than every 24 seconds an unborn baby dies.

Since 1973 more than 48 million babies have been aborted.

Lamentation
("Rachel, weeping for her children...")

Incarnation
No lullabies in joyous hearts
sung to unseen ears,
No mother’s gentle crooning
soothes these unborn babies' fears.

No glad anticipation
of what this child will be -
the future he will never have,
the triumphs she’ll not see.

Slaughter
These builders, artists, scientists,
formed to make a better day -
That plan will never come to pass:
their lives got in the way.

Wrong Sex, Wrong Time, Wrong Parent -
Is that reason to kill?
Convenience ends the lullaby,
though a heart is waiting still...

For a young voice calling "Mama?"
For the footsteps in the hall.
For a yard with dirt instead of grass,
for the crayon marks on the wall.

Sorrow
We're measured and found wanting
for those allowed to die
on the altar of convenience
while we passively stand by.

"A person's right to choose,"
we're told, "Stands above all else.
Besides, it's hurting no one,
since we're doing it so well."

"A truly victimless affair,
a blob of tissue, bit of hair,
a little pain, then life again
for someone in despair."

"No lasting harm, no ill effects
arise from this," we're told.
But tell that to the couple
with no child to ever hold.

Pathos
As for this aging nation,
Searching everywhere for youth
to keep the country moving -
it's time we heard the Truth.

Our leaders came, and were despised --
the timing wasn't right.
So one of three, we sent them off
into an early night.

These builders, artists, scientists,
formed to make a better day
Never lived to see God's plans fulfilled,
their lives got in the way.

So tell the nation's hopeless,
who lay dying of disease,
who wait for the discovery
that will give their lives some ease,

That the inconvenient timing
of the one to cure their ill
resulted in an early death -
it is OURSELVES we kill.

Written by Poignant Musings
for Sanctity of Life 1/23/05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home