Name:
Location: MICHIGAN, United States

Thank you for stopping by. It's my hope you find glimpses of my Savior interwoven thru my writings. I am the wife to one husband for over 25 years, a blessed mama to a dozen children, yes each born from me ~ two of which see Jesus face to face & ten at home, all of us yearning to see Jesus someday. We have been home educating for over 18 years with . . . well, another 15 years to go (the youngest is 3, the oldest 23!) I have walked through rejection, to continually learning I am CALLED, LOVED and forever KEPT by God - never, ever to be rejected by Jesus! (Jude 1:1) I've walked through deep sorrow to find that joy does come again, though the night may be long; I've witnessed God orchestrating miracles with my children still beyond my comprehension, & I am seeing new love forming as we begin a new road of older children finding life mates. My life has and is a journey, from the deepest, almost rock bottom pit, to stumbling through my faith and looking towards the ultimate climax of everlasting life in heaven. Will you be joining me here and there? ~ Loni

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Reading through the Bible This Year

Several of my children and I are going to read through the Bible together, this year. We've been encouraged from our Pastor and then we did some internet searches for different options. I really like the website, Back to the Bible, which has several options of reading it, We thought of reading it chronologically and have a chronological Bible, but then we landed on the One Year Bible Blog, and really like it. It is reading through the Bible starting in Genesis, but also starting in Matthew, and a chapter from the Psalms and Proverbs each day. The writer of the blog, Mike, gives good insights, and then has pictures and maps throughout his thoughts (yet, we are still to "prove all things"). He also has where you can click at the beginning of the day's readings, to actually read the verses on-line, and choose the version you want to read from.

We are excited about it. It's neat that I was the first one looking up on it, and reading different schedules, and then the kids one by one said they WANT to do it too, and WANT schedules!

I am also doing a reading through the New Testament with another woman and we each read the same chapter of the Bible, write down one thought or question about the reading, write out one verse from the reading, and writes down one prayer thought (request or praise). Then we e-mail each other with this information. It helps to keep each other accountable, and it takes only about five minutes a day.

I just thought I'd share this . . .maybe it will encourage someone else to do this with their children or individually. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home