Name:
Location: MICHIGAN, United States

Thank you for stopping by. It's my hope you find glimpses of my Savior interwoven thru my writings. I am the wife to one husband for over 25 years, a blessed mama to a dozen children, yes each born from me ~ two of which see Jesus face to face & ten at home, all of us yearning to see Jesus someday. We have been home educating for over 18 years with . . . well, another 15 years to go (the youngest is 3, the oldest 23!) I have walked through rejection, to continually learning I am CALLED, LOVED and forever KEPT by God - never, ever to be rejected by Jesus! (Jude 1:1) I've walked through deep sorrow to find that joy does come again, though the night may be long; I've witnessed God orchestrating miracles with my children still beyond my comprehension, & I am seeing new love forming as we begin a new road of older children finding life mates. My life has and is a journey, from the deepest, almost rock bottom pit, to stumbling through my faith and looking towards the ultimate climax of everlasting life in heaven. Will you be joining me here and there? ~ Loni

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Stephen's 19th Birthday

It seems almost impossible that we have a child old enough to be 19. It certainly makes us feel old! I remember his birth so well - born at 4:32 in the afternoon - 9 lbs. 1 oz. and a beautiful baby. I've shared before how he was three weeks late - born on my grandpa's birthday, which was very special for me. It was actually an answer to prayer. He's a typical teenager in one way - is always right - knows more that me most of the time - yet, is a kid with convictions, standards, and a hard worker. He loves working on cars and trucks, and is doing well in his automotive and welding classes. He was told just yesterday at his job that once his internship is done at the place he is working, that the boss really wants to hire him. His boss is also his teacher and has had many students doing the internship. So, it's neat to see how he is growing and maturing. His choice of friends are great. His wanting to follow God is neat. He is committed to courtship, and doesn't even want to find a girlfriend/wife until he can support a wife. So the little guy that made me a mama is all(most) grown up.

Birthdays are a pretty big thing here. Last year it was very low key. It seemed hard to celebrate anything. But this year we are all back into it. All the kids were excited - found treasures for Stephen - from automotive hand washing soap, to candy bars and other tools. This picture of him above is with his first Snap-On Tool from his dad. He was pretty excited about that. I made his his favorite meal - lasagna. The signs were put up around the house - lots of cards were made and even a special shirt worn by the baby whom he spoils more than us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home