Name:
Location: MICHIGAN, United States

Thank you for stopping by. It's my hope you find glimpses of my Savior interwoven thru my writings. I am the wife to one husband for over 25 years, a blessed mama to a dozen children, yes each born from me ~ two of which see Jesus face to face & ten at home, all of us yearning to see Jesus someday. We have been home educating for over 18 years with . . . well, another 15 years to go (the youngest is 3, the oldest 23!) I have walked through rejection, to continually learning I am CALLED, LOVED and forever KEPT by God - never, ever to be rejected by Jesus! (Jude 1:1) I've walked through deep sorrow to find that joy does come again, though the night may be long; I've witnessed God orchestrating miracles with my children still beyond my comprehension, & I am seeing new love forming as we begin a new road of older children finding life mates. My life has and is a journey, from the deepest, almost rock bottom pit, to stumbling through my faith and looking towards the ultimate climax of everlasting life in heaven. Will you be joining me here and there? ~ Loni

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Another Accident - Boys are ok

We had quite another scare this afternoon, but praise God, our boys, though very sore, are ok. After dinner today, Stephen (17) and Jayson (15) went over to a friend's house to play games. They were driving in an area they never had driven before, and it sounds like Stephen came to the main intersection, missed a stop sign and when he noticed it, last minute, slid through it. Another truck coming from the side knew it was going to happen, swerved and hit closer to the front of his truck. Stephen and Jayson went across a field through a lot of brush.

Jayson told us a man who saw the accident was a doctor and gave him a phone to call. Thank you Lord for him . . . we will never know who You provided to help our children - angels unaware possibly?

When we got the call from Jayson, I had been taking a Sunday afternoon nap and woke up very quickly when one of the children ran in our room, telling us Jayson was on the phone and had been in an accident. Jayson kept telling me to come quick and that Stephen was going in and out of unconsciousness. He was so distraught. And so were our children we had to leave quickly. Benjamin (11) the one who had just found Matthew dead just 7 weeks ago, was crumpled on the floor, saying "NOT AGAIN, NOT AGAIN". I needed to be a mom in two places, but couldn't. On the way to the accident scene, I called several friends to be with our children, again, at home. We will be forever grateful to them.

To say the least, Norm & I flew out of here. The accident was about 15 minutes from our house. As we approached the scene there were numerous ambulances, police cars and a fire truck. I remember Norm saying "Ohhh, pray, pray." It looked so bad with all the medical attention. We could not get down by the truck, but we learned quickly that Jayson was already in an ambulance, and though there was a lot of blood, he appeared ok. He was in some pain. They were in the process of cutting Stephen out of his truck. I was shivering and calling out to him, and could hear him telling the EMT people, to tell his mom that he was okay. A woman EMT driver wrapped me up in a blanket, and invited me to sit in the front seat by her. She asked if she could pray with me. I shared about what we had gone through 7 weeks ago, and I saw the tears sparkle in her eyes with mine. She assured me our boys would be okay. (As a side note . . . as I look back at this some time later, I know God was using this as a healing time. The EMT's that worked on our son that died in our home did not have a good bedside manner, to say it nicely. They were rude and uncaring. God used this to show us it was not the typical, and for this alone I can thank Him for the help with healing emotions and to work on forgiving)

To make this long story a little shorter, the boys were taken by ambulance to Butterworth Hospital. All the tests came through fine - no broken bones. Stephen got a couple of stitches on his face. His knees hurt quite a bit - probably from the impact of hitting the dashbord. Jayson got a cut on the top of his head where he got two staples, another cut on his forehead, and then a big gash on his leg which he got stitches in. This all happened around 5:00 pm and we left the hospital around 10 pm.

The boys are very sore, especially Stephen. He is using crutches because of one knee. He is also very bummed about his truck. He saved for 2 years to get this, and it is totalled. We keep reminding him that he is ALIVE, and overall ok. But he does need transportation to his automotive class. It's a material thing, and we remain so thankful for healthy, living children.

We were surrounded again by family and friends. It happened just a few miles from our church, just before the service. Our pastor and other church members were at the accident when we got there . . . left briefly to explain at the service, and then the pastor left again to be with us, while others at the church prayed, and prayed, and prayed. They have all been so good to carry us through these rough roads, again. So, we ask for prayer for healing for our sons. They were pretty shook up. Us as the parents were pretty shook up too. Our adrenalin has been activated again!

So we appreciate prayers for all of us, to get through another healing time. If you read this yet tonight, please pray for sleep for all of us. Thank you.

All in God's Grip
Norm & Loni
Stephen & Jayson (& the rest)

2 Comments:

Blogger Luke's Mom said...

I just read your post and wanted to let you know that I am and will continue to keep you all in my prayers. The scripture that keeps coming to my mind for you all is in Psalm 46 God is my refuge and God is my strength a very present help in trouble, therefore I will not fear, though the earth be removed and though the mountains be cast into the depths of the sea. I know that it may seem like the earth is falling out beneath you but just continue to know that God is in control.

Love in Christ,
Sue Searles

1/17/2005 5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read this too, and like Sue I will continue to pray for all of you! Especially for Stephen & Jayson as they are sore and hurting. I know I keep agreeing but when I wake at night (with our 18 month old Wesley) I pray for all of you... and I pray for Luke. Loni, I know you have prayed for Luke and his family. It is truly amazing how the internet works and unites families to pray for one another... so that thousands are lifting up prayers for one another. My prayers have deepened as I have prayed for you...and your family... and for Sue's little boy Luke. I feel connected and my heart aches for you. I know if we never meet here on earth we will meet in heaven one day! I too, believe when I eat cheese cake or see one I will remember and pray for you. Our Mandi LOVES cheese cake. I still cry when I think of Bethany ... and "Dude". Please know our thoughts and prayers are with you.

blessings,
Teena
wife to Billy
mom to 1/2 dozen

1/17/2005 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home