Name:
Location: MICHIGAN, United States

Thank you for stopping by. It's my hope you find glimpses of my Savior interwoven thru my writings. I am the wife to one husband for over 25 years, a blessed mama to a dozen children, yes each born from me ~ two of which see Jesus face to face & ten at home, all of us yearning to see Jesus someday. We have been home educating for over 18 years with . . . well, another 15 years to go (the youngest is 3, the oldest 23!) I have walked through rejection, to continually learning I am CALLED, LOVED and forever KEPT by God - never, ever to be rejected by Jesus! (Jude 1:1) I've walked through deep sorrow to find that joy does come again, though the night may be long; I've witnessed God orchestrating miracles with my children still beyond my comprehension, & I am seeing new love forming as we begin a new road of older children finding life mates. My life has and is a journey, from the deepest, almost rock bottom pit, to stumbling through my faith and looking towards the ultimate climax of everlasting life in heaven. Will you be joining me here and there? ~ Loni

Saturday, February 26, 2005

11 Weeks - Eating Ice Cream Again

Eleven weeks . . . we are eating ice cream again. We'd often eat icecream when the little ones would be in bed and the evening chores were done. But no one really asked for it for weeks. Then, it seems like, we just started eating it again this week - no celebrations - just getting back into some "routine". Norm said to me later - notice we hadn't eaten icecream for quite some time and we are now. It's just seems "different" I guess. Nothing we can totally put our finger on.

Four men from our church spent from 11 a.m. to about 8 p.m. helping Norm again. A closet was made in the schoolroom/family room, which at one end is now going to be Stephen's new room. He has a nice big closet. I got his corner all painted yesterday, and his bed & nightstand are in there. I think he might sleep down there for the first time tonight.

Drywalling has begun in our "new" bedroom (boy's old bedroom). The way this house was built, we are finding many crooked walls, so one wall had to be taken down and rebuilt so we did not have curvy walls. There sure is a lot of dust around here with this!

Before the men came over there was an AWANA "Regatta Boat Competion". Jayson (15) won for "First Place Design" - thought it sunk when put in water! Jessica (8) won third place in her age group - even though Norm had to bring her home early because she had a nose bleed that would not stop. She is on coumadin (blood thinner) for her artificial mitral valve and we were concerned her blood was too thin - but it wasn't. It's probably our dry winter weather here. Her sisters still enter hers, so she was excited when they brought a ribbon home for her!

Well, time for icecream . . .

~~Loni

1 Comments:

Blogger Teena said...

Still praying and thinking of all of you. Thrilled for the Awana Awards!!!

Thank you for the updates!

blessings,
Teena mom to 1/2 dozen

2/28/2005 2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home