Name:
Location: MICHIGAN, United States

Thank you for stopping by. It's my hope you find glimpses of my Savior interwoven thru my writings. I am the wife to one husband for over 25 years, a blessed mama to a dozen children, yes each born from me ~ two of which see Jesus face to face & ten at home, all of us yearning to see Jesus someday. We have been home educating for over 18 years with . . . well, another 15 years to go (the youngest is 3, the oldest 23!) I have walked through rejection, to continually learning I am CALLED, LOVED and forever KEPT by God - never, ever to be rejected by Jesus! (Jude 1:1) I've walked through deep sorrow to find that joy does come again, though the night may be long; I've witnessed God orchestrating miracles with my children still beyond my comprehension, & I am seeing new love forming as we begin a new road of older children finding life mates. My life has and is a journey, from the deepest, almost rock bottom pit, to stumbling through my faith and looking towards the ultimate climax of everlasting life in heaven. Will you be joining me here and there? ~ Loni

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

"Moment in Time" Poem

MOMENT IN TIME

I often wonder what it would be like to travel the long dusty roads
The exact ones where my precious Savior walked
I can see it in my mind now
Thousands of people gather ‘round
To listen to His stories
What if I was in the crowd?
Jesus mingled with the lame and meek
He hung with people like me
Even though the holy people said it was a shame
The lame longed to be made whole
The blind longed to see
All of the sudden the crowd stopped
Their mouths gaped open
A woman came crawling down the dirt covered street
With every move she made
You could see she was in pain
What if that woman was me?
Longing to get a glimpse of this Jesus
What would it be like to touch the hem of His robe?
Would my faith have been enough?
I wonder what it would have been like if it was me who touched His robe
For just a moment in time, would the world stop?
Would everything go in slow motion as I scramble to my feet?
How would people react?
Would Jesus stop so I could catch a glimpse
Of the man who would soon shed His blood for me?
I wonder what it would feel like to run
Or dance
In that moment in time would I fall to His feet?
Would I finally feel free?
Free enough to fly?
Oh how I wish I could have a moment in time such as this
To touch His robe
And look my Savior in the eye
And finally be able to dance in freedom's song.

8-27-01

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home