Name:
Location: MICHIGAN, United States

Thank you for stopping by. It's my hope you find glimpses of my Savior interwoven thru my writings. I am the wife to one husband for over 25 years, a blessed mama to a dozen children, yes each born from me ~ two of which see Jesus face to face & ten at home, all of us yearning to see Jesus someday. We have been home educating for over 18 years with . . . well, another 15 years to go (the youngest is 3, the oldest 23!) I have walked through rejection, to continually learning I am CALLED, LOVED and forever KEPT by God - never, ever to be rejected by Jesus! (Jude 1:1) I've walked through deep sorrow to find that joy does come again, though the night may be long; I've witnessed God orchestrating miracles with my children still beyond my comprehension, & I am seeing new love forming as we begin a new road of older children finding life mates. My life has and is a journey, from the deepest, almost rock bottom pit, to stumbling through my faith and looking towards the ultimate climax of everlasting life in heaven. Will you be joining me here and there? ~ Loni

Monday, April 18, 2005

Starting a Book Review

I enjoy reading, and especially lately, it really helps me to distract from thinking of all the past months . I am doing a couple different women's type Bible studies, that I try to do in the afternoon or early evening. With the ladies from my church I am doing, A Woman's High Calling by Elizabeth George & with some friends, The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace.

So, at night before going to sleep I usually try to read to help distract from the days stresses (or past months). I just found out about Mind & Media - Publicity with Faith, which is for bloggers to do reviews on books (sometimes movies and other media) on their own blog. If a blogger agrees to do this, and has enough visitors on their site, the blogger can choose a book from Mind & Media's list, receive it for free, read it, and do a review on it! (There are a few other details, which you can read on the Mind & Media site). I've been "approved", and will be receiving my first book soon - Levi's Will by W. Dale Cramer. By what Bethany House Publishers says about the book, it sounds like a book I will thoroughly enjoy. It's somewhat about the Amish, and we have a lot of Amish people in our area, and I find them interesting people. It's also about rejection and judmentalism, which I have dealt a lot with in my childhood years. I am looking forward to getting it and sharing it with you too!

The Mind & Media website is very nice and have been very impressed with the owner, Stacy. She is not just "all business" but is an encourager, quotes very appropriate Scripture verses, and gives updates on the exciting things that are happening with new books and publishers (and even tells about some of their blogs and links to them!). If you are who likes to read and have a blog, this sounds like a great opportunity to have great (Christian) books to read, and be able to share and promote it to others.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff H said...

Look forward to your review. Reading books is something I used to do voraciously. Now, most of my reading is done via blogs, or the boring spreadsheets I create at work to keep track of what I do. Blech.

4/19/2005 1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home