Name:
Location: MICHIGAN, United States

Thank you for stopping by. It's my hope you find glimpses of my Savior interwoven thru my writings. I am the wife to one husband for over 25 years, a blessed mama to a dozen children, yes each born from me ~ two of which see Jesus face to face & ten at home, all of us yearning to see Jesus someday. We have been home educating for over 18 years with . . . well, another 15 years to go (the youngest is 3, the oldest 23!) I have walked through rejection, to continually learning I am CALLED, LOVED and forever KEPT by God - never, ever to be rejected by Jesus! (Jude 1:1) I've walked through deep sorrow to find that joy does come again, though the night may be long; I've witnessed God orchestrating miracles with my children still beyond my comprehension, & I am seeing new love forming as we begin a new road of older children finding life mates. My life has and is a journey, from the deepest, almost rock bottom pit, to stumbling through my faith and looking towards the ultimate climax of everlasting life in heaven. Will you be joining me here and there? ~ Loni

Monday, July 18, 2005

Family VBS Week & updates

This week our church is having family VBS, meaning we go as families, can invite others to join us, and it's not age segregated, which we really like. Both children and adults alike are involved in it. Some of the teen kids lead the younger children in singing songs up front, a father did the message, and lots of invovlement as a whole. There's even dinner before it for families who want to do that, to make it a little less hectic! The spaghetti dinner was wonderful tonight and I did not have to cook in our 92 degree heat was even better! :)

We are doing a VBS Curriculum from Answers in Genesis, which is a very family oriented mission, encouraging fathers to be the leaders of their home, and also the main emphasis, is that the Word of God is true from the very first verse. The particular "program" that is beging taught this week is the "7 C's of History", which are, creation, corruption, catastrophe, confussion, Christ, cross, and connsumation. The younger children especially will learn some new words this week.
Here's some pictures of our younger girls . . .

Thank you for the many nice, encouraging and sympathetic e-mails and comments left regarding our "door" situation. We decided to first try painting it. We got a light warm, sage color, (called "Chatham Drive" from Dutch Boy paints) which we are going to use on the three doors that are in that hallway and then, a little darker sage color for accent trim. The first coats are on, and it definitely makes a difference, but might need to be a little darker. The "neat" thing, which many times we will say is a "God thing" is we were not planning on buying paint, and when we went to the store today, the paint we wanted was $4 off! It was just neat - a way God provided for a "want". Benjamin seemed to be feeling less stressed about the door, and I think it relieved some tensions there. The "hallway" area has to be totally different, and I think it will be. It just the strange how certain things jolt us. I just wonder how those that saw Jesus crucified thought the same thing for many years to come, when they saw another cross or crucifiction. Did that "jolt" them? Does it "jolt" us?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home