Name:
Location: MICHIGAN, United States

Thank you for stopping by. It's my hope you find glimpses of my Savior interwoven thru my writings. I am the wife to one husband for over 25 years, a blessed mama to a dozen children, yes each born from me ~ two of which see Jesus face to face & ten at home, all of us yearning to see Jesus someday. We have been home educating for over 18 years with . . . well, another 15 years to go (the youngest is 3, the oldest 23!) I have walked through rejection, to continually learning I am CALLED, LOVED and forever KEPT by God - never, ever to be rejected by Jesus! (Jude 1:1) I've walked through deep sorrow to find that joy does come again, though the night may be long; I've witnessed God orchestrating miracles with my children still beyond my comprehension, & I am seeing new love forming as we begin a new road of older children finding life mates. My life has and is a journey, from the deepest, almost rock bottom pit, to stumbling through my faith and looking towards the ultimate climax of everlasting life in heaven. Will you be joining me here and there? ~ Loni

Friday, February 24, 2006

Choking Game in our Local News

There was an article on the front page of our local paper today about the choking game in our area. You can read it here: Grand Rapids Press Article

Another group, The Choking Game Association of Appleton, Wisconsin, is trying to bring awareness regarding this "game" and has a brochure going to print. They will be trying to distribute this into the hands of parents, teachers, doctors, etc. They have included on the front page of this brochure 21 kids who have died from this game, including our son. We knew this brochure was being made, and we had to approve of it as well, and when it we saw the first copy, it hit both Norm & I pretty hard. Matthew's picture is right in the middle. We are thankful that we can be apart of bring awareness, yet it's certainly nothing we ever anticipated of. This was not the dream we had for our son. The inside of the brochure gives information of awareness, and what to watch for. One statement surprised us that says:

"75% of kids already know about this game
and how to play it
."

Talk to your children - TODAY.

The brochure links above can be printed from that webpage OR you can e-mail me and I can send you a copy in PDF format or JPG format. Feel free to print them up to share with your friends, teachers, doctor's office, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home