Name:
Location: MICHIGAN, United States

Thank you for stopping by. It's my hope you find glimpses of my Savior interwoven thru my writings. I am the wife to one husband for over 25 years, a blessed mama to a dozen children, yes each born from me ~ two of which see Jesus face to face & ten at home, all of us yearning to see Jesus someday. We have been home educating for over 18 years with . . . well, another 15 years to go (the youngest is 3, the oldest 23!) I have walked through rejection, to continually learning I am CALLED, LOVED and forever KEPT by God - never, ever to be rejected by Jesus! (Jude 1:1) I've walked through deep sorrow to find that joy does come again, though the night may be long; I've witnessed God orchestrating miracles with my children still beyond my comprehension, & I am seeing new love forming as we begin a new road of older children finding life mates. My life has and is a journey, from the deepest, almost rock bottom pit, to stumbling through my faith and looking towards the ultimate climax of everlasting life in heaven. Will you be joining me here and there? ~ Loni

Monday, April 10, 2006

Monday Memories

When least expected, we get these little jolts - the reminders - the breath sucked out. Today, it just hit us again, when we read in our local paper, about the Medical Examiner that did the autopsy on Matthew. The autopsy is one of those things we cannot go into detail, that for the most part, Norm & I have to keep in side, and try to refocus, that when the autopsy was done, Matthew was in heaven, and it was his old body that had to be viewed. In some ways I wish I would have never read the autopsy, or at least was prepared for what was done. We did ask shortly have he was considered gone, if we could donate any organs, but since it had been so long, they could not, and an autopsy by law had to be done, so it was not possible. Had his body been able to be used to help someone else out, it would seem easier, I would think. Only Norm & I read the report, and then we burned it. We did not want the children reading it. They had enough visuals already in their heads. The article that was in our paper, did go into some detail of what is normally done in an autopsy, but not to the degree that everything is spelled out in the actual report and the detail of everything. I've heard very nice things about the ME, and I know it bothered him to do a child's autopsy. But, today was that reminder - the reminder once again of the finality. The reminder of the ache that sometimes is covered up. Yet, there is the hope that someday . . .
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17
Not too long ago on the Christian radio program, Insight for Living, I heard Chuck Swindoll say that he was visiting a cemetery, and one of the gravestones simply said "You're Standing on Ressurection Ground". I loved that.Someday maybe we will have a family grave marker, and will have that on it. Can you just imagine the cemeteries someday?