Name:
Location: MICHIGAN, United States

Thank you for stopping by. It's my hope you find glimpses of my Savior interwoven thru my writings. I am the wife to one husband for over 25 years, a blessed mama to a dozen children, yes each born from me ~ two of which see Jesus face to face & ten at home, all of us yearning to see Jesus someday. We have been home educating for over 18 years with . . . well, another 15 years to go (the youngest is 3, the oldest 23!) I have walked through rejection, to continually learning I am CALLED, LOVED and forever KEPT by God - never, ever to be rejected by Jesus! (Jude 1:1) I've walked through deep sorrow to find that joy does come again, though the night may be long; I've witnessed God orchestrating miracles with my children still beyond my comprehension, & I am seeing new love forming as we begin a new road of older children finding life mates. My life has and is a journey, from the deepest, almost rock bottom pit, to stumbling through my faith and looking towards the ultimate climax of everlasting life in heaven. Will you be joining me here and there? ~ Loni

Thursday, May 18, 2006

This & That . . .

This is the first night all week I've stayed up late to blog. I've been going to bed hours earlier cuz the spring crud has hit me. I am pretty sure I've got bronchitis, and it's hit me pretty good. So, I've been getting more sleep, even taking naps, and not doing too much. Things don't seem to stop going here though with all the activities of just our daily lives. Norm's Small Engine Repair business has been very busy. There's been a couple of days I've hardly seen him (& it's a home business!). He's been doing lots more pick-ups & deliveries & the kids love taking turns with that to have "special time" with daddy. It's after midnight now as I write this, and he's out in the garage still working on things and I think two of the boys are too! The advantages of homeschooling - having "shop class" at midnight and being able to sleep in! We had a litter of puppies to place this week too, so between our two business, the phone rang a lot.

Along with the bronchitis, it's been a rainy week, and today especially cold (45 degrees), so that does not help one to feel better. I think I can see the grass growing. The kids are suppose to cut the lawn for some friends who are out of town and it's a very large yard, and it's hard for them to get it done in between the showers.

I received numerous e-mails asking how Mother's Day went. It was good - low key - but good. The girls made dinner after church - wonderful roast beef sandwiches with juice to dip them in. They put a vegetable cream cheese on the buns and toasted it all. MMmmmmmm - it was good! I got a sweet card. That was probably the hardest part - the missing name. But, I was ok. That night at church Jayson sang again, which I did not know of until that day! So, it was kind of neat to have him singing twice in a row. It's neat to see our kids abilities and gifts come out.

I love learning names of people and what they mean. When we named our children, their names meant something, either a family name, or a reason we named them, for the time period we were at. One of ours is Melody Grace - she was born after our stillborn daughter, and the funny thing is how she fits into her name. She LOVES to sing. She is like one of my other daughters and makes up songs all the time. Sometimes it can irritate the others, especially in the van or while they are doing schoolwork - but I like it! :) Anyway, I just read this today, that the "new" name that is gaining very quick popularity is Nevaeh (pronounced na-VAY-uh). Any ideas what it means? It's the backwards spelling of heaven! In 2005, this name made the top 100 with 4,457 newborns named this, with this name being the fastest climb among all names since the government started keeping track more than a century ago. I've not heard this name used yet, but imagine we will soon! I just thought it was kinda neat.

Well, we need the extra blankets on tonight. It's so chilly! I just hope we don't get up in the morning and see the rain has turned to snow. I am so ready for 70+ degrees and things drying up - including my laundry that has been hanging for three days on the line! It's just getting extra rinses I guess!

1 Comments:

Blogger BERNIECE MADDEN said...

Great article..I think financial planning, investing and specially in annuities are one of the critical things about retirement.. I bought a few annuities 20 year back from bankers life and casualty , and I can live a worry free retirement.

5/16/2012 3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home