Name:
Location: MICHIGAN, United States

Thank you for stopping by. It's my hope you find glimpses of my Savior interwoven thru my writings. I am the wife to one husband for over 25 years, a blessed mama to a dozen children, yes each born from me ~ two of which see Jesus face to face & ten at home, all of us yearning to see Jesus someday. We have been home educating for over 18 years with . . . well, another 15 years to go (the youngest is 3, the oldest 23!) I have walked through rejection, to continually learning I am CALLED, LOVED and forever KEPT by God - never, ever to be rejected by Jesus! (Jude 1:1) I've walked through deep sorrow to find that joy does come again, though the night may be long; I've witnessed God orchestrating miracles with my children still beyond my comprehension, & I am seeing new love forming as we begin a new road of older children finding life mates. My life has and is a journey, from the deepest, almost rock bottom pit, to stumbling through my faith and looking towards the ultimate climax of everlasting life in heaven. Will you be joining me here and there? ~ Loni

Monday, April 17, 2006

Monday Memories

When I was young, living at my parents' home, Easter baskets and chocolate were a big thing. It took me quite a few years to figure out who the Easter bunny "really" was. We'd leave for church, and when my sister and I came home, there'd mysteriously be an Easter basket on our beds, filled and overflowing! Always included was a big chocolate bunny. We later learned that as we were all scurring out to the car, my mom would put the baskets on our bed. It was fun.

I have an unusual chocolate bunny story too. My dad worked a very early morning shift. He'd get up at 3 a.m. and so the night before he'd set his breakfast out, including his vitamins. Well, over a long period of time the vitamins kept disapperaing. My mom thought for sure my sister or I were taking them and hiding them . . . and the joke had long been over. One year we got our Easter baskets, left them on the counter, and after several days we notices scratches on them. Little claw like scratches. MICE! After doing some searching in a kitchen cupboard was found a pile of vitamins and Cherrios! We did not eat our bunnies that year - but were thankful for the chocolate bunny that saved us from additional punishments!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home