Name:
Location: MICHIGAN, United States

Thank you for stopping by. It's my hope you find glimpses of my Savior interwoven thru my writings. I am the wife to one husband for over 25 years, a blessed mama to a dozen children, yes each born from me ~ two of which see Jesus face to face & ten at home, all of us yearning to see Jesus someday. We have been home educating for over 18 years with . . . well, another 15 years to go (the youngest is 3, the oldest 23!) I have walked through rejection, to continually learning I am CALLED, LOVED and forever KEPT by God - never, ever to be rejected by Jesus! (Jude 1:1) I've walked through deep sorrow to find that joy does come again, though the night may be long; I've witnessed God orchestrating miracles with my children still beyond my comprehension, & I am seeing new love forming as we begin a new road of older children finding life mates. My life has and is a journey, from the deepest, almost rock bottom pit, to stumbling through my faith and looking towards the ultimate climax of everlasting life in heaven. Will you be joining me here and there? ~ Loni

Saturday, January 29, 2005

7 weeks . . .

Later in the afternoon, Norm and I agreed that it was the first Saturday that we did not "watch the clock" and remembering all that happened when Matthew died 7 weeks ago today. It was also our first extended time out alone, without the children, which was nice. We stay in close contact with the children, and none of them said anything about this Saturday bothering them. So, we've gotten up a little higher in this valley.

Norm picked up some parts for the car we are trying to fix that was Matthew's that has been at Stephen's automotive class for over a month now. We were thankful it did not cost too much, and are hoping & praying this will resolve the problems.

We went out for lunch too, and then went to Menards, and got a shower, bathroom cabinet and sink/counter for the boy's bathroom. This was a major thing to get done. We are thankful for God's provisions to be able to get this from the many gifts and then to find things on sale that helped save too!

We are still trying to make a decision regarding the boys' bedroom and ours. The boys now have their bedroom downstairs in our walkout basement. Their bedroom is quite large, with two large closets. It has enough room for two bunk beds (now one bunk bed and a single bed), a desk, their weight machine, several bookshelves, dressers, etc. The two boys that found Matthew and have all the visuals are really struggling with moving back downstairs. They will go down briefly to get clothes, put wood in the furnace, but it's very quick. Later we may hear how something bothered them being down there. We have considered exchanging bedrooms with the boys, so they have our bedroom, which is not nearly as large, but workable for three boys. Norm had been adding on a bathroom and laundry room, so they would eventually have their own bathroom, but until springtime, they'd have to continue using the main bathroom upstairs, which is what we are all using now. We have concerns, mainly with privacy in having the boys and the girls all in the same area, and then us downstairs. The advantage is Norm & I generally go to sleep several hours after all the kids are in bed, so we'd still be upstairs until we went down. The boys would not be "hiding away" as easily downstairs, and we'd probably be able to keep track more with them all up. Our oldest son is not thrilled about losing a lot of bedroom space, concerned about the little ones barging in their room, and privacy. We just discussed it with Jayson and Benjamin, and they liked the idea, though they know there will be adjustments with this too and don't want Stephen unhappy about it. It is also a lot of extra expense - changing our "dark green & rose floral" bedroom (mauve carpet too) to make it look more boyish, and making the boy's room more inviting for us - though this would not necessarily be too expensive. But it's some sacrifices either way, and a big decision to make, so we'd appreciate your prayers that we'd be guided in the right way, and that God would give us ALL a piece about it. It might be that all of a sudden the boy's have more of a change of heart and peace to be able to go back downstairs. Norm is mainly going to finish the bathroom downstairs, and then we will have to make a decision. Either way, we need two functional bathrooms for 11 of us!

Well, I better get to bed. It will be a busy day on Sunday, with church and we are having a couple over for dinner. Thanks again for the many e-mails and comments. :)

~~Loni

2 Comments:

Blogger Luke's Mom said...

Hi Loni, Norm and Kids,

I'm so glad to hear that you and Norm got away together for a bit of a break. It is so important during this time of grief and hardship to keep your relationship strong, as I know you are well aware of. I'm so glad to hear that today was a bit easier for the family, I'm praying that it will continue to get a bit easier each and everyday. I will also be praying that God will give you wisdom on what to do with the room situation. I know that He said in His word to ask for wisdom and He would give it to us, I know that you will know soon what you are to do.
Boy I thought I had it bad growing up with only one bathroom, but we only had 9 of us in our family, not 11 like you do. It's weird to think that most people grew up with only one bathroom, now the norm for most people is at least two bathrooms in a home.

Have you been able to get started with homeschooling again? Are all the aches and pains in Stephen and Jayson gone now? I was glad to hear that you are sleeping a bit better and will continue to pray for all of you to have good sleep each night.
Love in Christ,
Sue Searles

1/30/2005 5:17 AM  
Blogger Teena said...

Dear Loni, Norm, & family,
Praying for you. I am also thankful that you and Norm were able to spend some time together. I know you are praying about what to do with the room situation. I am praying that God will give you a clear answer. May God continue to give you His strength daily... minute by minute. You are close to my heart
blessings,
Teena wife to Billy 24 yrs
mom to 1/2 dozen

1/30/2005 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home